Saturday 19 July 2008

And They Call it Bunny Love

I’ve got an exclusive for Fleet Street! This whole campus is teeming with rabbit life. It makes Teletubbyland look like a Sunday school outing. And this lot require no outing — these little chaps are most definitely robustly heterosexual.

Some wonder whether they have been intentionally supplied to add a touch of, er, bunny love to some potentially contentious proceedings. I don’t want to spread hysteria and panic about this conference, but I feel I should share with the world this Victorian patent for “a device to extract auditory and visual information from private gatherings of bishops, commonly known as an Episcope.” It was secretly developed for the use of the Archbishop of York in 1868, to keep him abreast of proceedings which, as you will remember, he had boycotted. But these days, who would do such a thing? And why? I think we should be told.

6 comments:

Lizzie said...

The bunnies are gorgeous aren't they? :) I'm a Canterbury resident, married to a University employee, and they're there all year round. It's one of the nicest things about Campus :) (Though there is a persistent rumor that they are actually part of a project to undermine the library ;)

Anonymous said...

For some reason this reminds me of Wallace and Grommit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit...and of course the various inventions for removing bunnies.....

Bishop Alan Wilson said...

They are amazing, Lizzie. I’m really glad to know other people get the benefit of them as well. But round our way the foxes would get them...

Unknown said...

I am an employee at the University of Kent and I come into work early quite often just to observe the bunny antics when walking across campus as it is a nice start to the day. If you look carefully at the Templeman Library you will see that it is really the bunny mothership. They are planning to knock that library down and build another one - I think a giant rabbit hutch would be great but the powers that be might object to suggestion.

PS I run the staff prayer group in Eliot Chapel every Tuesday at 1230 - you are most welcome to come and join us if you a need a break from Lambeth :) We've been praying for your conference for the last year and have daily prayer meetings during Lambeth - so we're thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Bishop Alan - You are obviously not a Father Ted fan or you would realise the bunnies are there to keep Bihop Brennan out! See my report here: www.paddyanglcan.com

Anonymous said...

check this out +Alan.

Rabbits at Lambeth
I wouldn't doubt it!

Doug

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...